QUALITIES OF A RIGHTEOUS OR GODLY PERSON. Ezekiel.18:5-9.
- He does what is just and right. Eze. 18:5.
- He does not eat at the mountain shrines. Eze.18:6.
Eating meat sacrificed to idols on the high places.
Please see Eze.6:3 and Hosea.4:13.
- He does not look to the idols of the house of Israel.
Please see Eze.23:27; 33:25.
- He does not defile his neighbours wife. Eze.18:6. That is adultery.
Please see Exodus.20:14.
- He does not oppress anyone. Eze.18:7. By fraud or force, particularly the poor.
- He returns what he took in pledge for a loan. Eze.18:7. Not embezzling it or keeping it beyond the time fixed by the law of God. Please see Exodus.22:26,27; Deuteronomy.24:12,13; Amos.2:8.
- He does not commit robbery. Eze.18:7.
- He gives food to the hungry. Eze.18:7. Please see Deut.15:5-11; Mathew.25:31-46.
- He provides clothing for the naked. Eze.18:7. See Mt.25:31-46.
- He does not lend at usury or take excessive interest. Eze.18:8. Making unjust gain from others by extortion.
Please see Ezekiel.22:12; Psalm.15:6; Exodus.22:25; Leviticus.25:35-37; Deut.23:19.
- He withholds his hand from doing wrong. Eze.18:8. Please see Jeremiah. 22:3.
- He judges fairly between man and man. Eze.18:8. Please see Zechariah.8:16.
- He follows God’s decrees. Eze.18:9.
- He faithfully keeps God’s laws. Eze.18:9.
Do we have the above qualities of a righteous person in our life?
Let us study God’s word and obey the Lord in all areas to lead a righteous life.