TCN Media Mission & Vision
Why do we need a mission statement? Because if we do not know where we are going… we might not get there. How do the sound and video system and its operation help the church meet its vision? How does what we do as operators help enable that mission occur?
- The MISSION is the destination
- The VISION is the pathway
- The GOALS are the steps
1. To lift up His name
"Sing to the Lord; praise his name. Each day proclaim the good news that he saves. Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things He does." (Psalm 96:2-3)
2. To draw others toward Him
"Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matt 28:19-20)
3. To be salt and light
"You are the salt of the earth. But what good is salt if it has lost its flavour? Can you make it salty again? It will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as worthless. You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father." (Matthew 5:13-16).
4. To express His love
"Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other. No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us." (1 John 4:11-12)
5. To work together
"So encourage one another and build each other up." (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
"Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works." (Hebrews 10:24)
6. To live in His truth
"Jesus said to the people who believed in him, 'You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.'" (John 8:31-32)
"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is – His good, pleasing & perfect will." (Romans 12:2)
7. To understand the culture
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore, be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16)
8. To act with intent
"Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do." (Ephesians 5:16-17)
BASIC TENETS OF THE FAITH:
- The Bible: The entire Bible (Old and New Testaments) is the divinely inspired truth delivered by God. The Bible is the ultimate example of how to live one's life of faith.
- The Godhead: God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit, are three distinct persons, existing in a unified form as one body. God is the creator and sustainer of the universe. He is revealed in the Bible. He is eternal, with no beginning and no end. Jesus Christ was the human incarnation of God the Father. He was born of the virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life and died by crucifixion for the sins of the world. He was resurrected from the dead on the third day and exalted to heaven with God. The Holy Spirit is the essence of God which moves among the people, touching believers here on Earth.
- The Church: The church is the Body of Christ here on Earth. Its mission is to spread the word of God to all the nations.
- The Future: In the near future Jesus Christ will return to claim his bride, the church. This event is called the Rapture of the Church. Current and past Christians will be taken to live with Christ forever. Later Christ will return to earth in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.
STATEMENT OF WE BELIVE:
- We believe the Scriptures are inspired by God.
- We believe there is One True God revealed in three persons.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe man willingly fell into sin -- ushering in evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- We believe every person can be restored to fellowship with God through accepting Christ's offer of forgiveness and salvation.
- We believe in Water Baptism by immersion after salvation and Holy Communion as a symbolic remembrance of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation.
- We believe the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service.
- We believe the initial evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is speaking in tongues as experienced on the Day of Pentecost.
- We believe sanctification initially occurs at Salvation but is also a progressive lifelong process.
- We believe the church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin.
- We believe a divinely called and biblically ordained leadership ministry serves the church.
- We believe divine healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians today and is provided for in Christ's atonement.
- We believe in the Blessed Hope -- when Jesus raptures his church prior to his return to Earth.
- We believe in the millennial reign of Christ when Jesus returns with his saints at his second coming and begins his rule over earth for 1,000 years.
- We believe in a final judgment for those who have rejected Christ.
- We believe in a new heavens and a new earth that Christ is preparing for all people who have accepted Him.